Instructions before your BREAST thermography:
1. No vigorous exercise 2 hours before your appointment time.
2. No excessively hot baths or showers 2 hours before appointment.
3. No lotions, oils or creams on the chest / neck area.
4. No antiperspirant. But a natural deodorant is fine.
5. No sunbathing or massage the morning of your appointment.
6. Do not shave under your arms the morning of your appointment.
7. If you smoke, do not smoke 4 hours before your appointment time. Better yet - quit!
8. Please bring something to put your hair up and off your face/neck.
Additional instructions for your FULL-BODY thermography:
1. Don't shave anything the morning of your appointment.
2. You will be in your underwear/boxers, so please wear what you're comfortable in.
3. If you are a man and have excessive body hair, please trim it back the day before your appointment.
4. Minimal/no make-up, no heavy oils, lotions or creams on the body, but a very light moisturizer is fine.
5. No acupuncture before your appointment.
6. Remove ALL jewelry before your appointment.
*If you are pregnant or nursing, you will have to wait until you are three months out from either.
*There are no food restrictions, though if you are doing a full body scan, please refrain from very hot or very cold beverages 1 hour before your appt.
*Your menstrual cycle will not affect the results.
*If a fever is present, please reschedule your appointment.
*If you have had contrast dye for CT or MRI scans, you will need to wait 2 weeks to do your thermography.
*If you've had a breast biopsy, you will have to wait 3 months to do your breast thermography.
***If you have had intramuscular steroid injections (or into any other soft-tissue), this is considered systemic and will affect your interpretation, and you will need to wait 4 to 6 weeks in order to do your thermography. However, a period of two weeks after any NON-steroidal anti-inflammatories is generally considered sufficient***.