Instructions before your BREAST thermography:
1. No vigorous exercise 2 hours before your appointment time.
2. No excessively hot baths or showers 2 hours before appointment.
3. No lotions, oils or creams on the chest / neck area.
4. No antiperspirant. But a natural deodorant is fine.
5. No sunbathing or massage that day.
6. Do not shave under arms on day of appointment.
7. If you smoke, do not smoke 4 hours before your appointment time. Better yet - quit!
8. Please bring something to put your hair up and off your face/neck.
Additional instructions for your FULL-BODY thermography:
1. Don't shave anything the morning of your appointment.
2. You will be in your underwear/boxers, so please wear what you're comfortable in.
3. If you are a man and have excessive body hair, please trim it back the day before your appointment.
4. Minimal/no make-up, no heavy oils, lotions or creams on the body, but a very light moisturizer is fine.
5. No acupuncture before your appointment.
6. Remove ALL jewelry before your appointment.
*If you are pregnant or nursing, you will have to wait until you are three months out from either.
*There are no food restrictions, though if you are doing a full body scan, please refrain from very hot or very cold beverages 1 hour before your appt.
*Your menstrual cycle will not affect the results.
*If a fever is present, please reschedule your appointment.
*If you have had contrast dye for CT or MRI scans, you will need to wait 2 weeks to do your thermography.
***If you have had intramuscular steroid injections (or into any other soft-tissue), this is considered systemic and will affect your interpretation, and you will need to wait 4 to 6 weeks in order to do your thermography. However, a period of two weeks after any NON-steroidal anti-inflammatories is generally considered sufficient***.